Thursday, August 23, 2007

Ghost Town

I must say, the Peca situation definitely filled up the dead time that usually occurs during the last half of the summer. Now that the organization passed on Peca and he signed in Columbus, it seems that all is quiet on the Rangers front. I would not expect to see any more non-goalie free agent signings, as evident by the organization's insistance that they will give their young kids a chance. I am starting to question whether the team really is going to sign a goalie or actually stick with the unproven Steve Valiquette in net. I strongly believe that the team needs a proven goalie behind King Henrik that the team will have confidence in. The poll has been showing some interesting results thus far.

2 comments:

The Unhappy Camper said...

I agree that it's somewhat strange for the Rangers not to sign a veteran, or at least an experienced goalie, to back up Henrik. Maybe they see something with Valiquette in practice that they like and believe him to be adequate enough? Seems strange, however.

On another note, I really enjoy your page and will be reading/commenting throughout the season. Thank you and keep up the good work!

ZENmaster said...

Thanks chimp. I agree with your thoughts.