Thursday, September 6, 2007

Fantasy Insanity

The only thing that matches my love for NY Rangers hockey is fantasy football. I just finished my draft and I am ready for tonight's opening game (Colts vs. Saints). I am also very much ready for the opening of training camp, so that we can see not only see Gomez and Drury in Ranger blue, but some of those talented prospects. It won't be long.

It has been pretty quiet on the Rangers front, as it has for most of the NHL. Most GMs are waiting until training camp to see how the younger players in their respective organizations perform before reaching out to any more free agents or making trades. Teams like the Rangers might have holes (third line center, defenseman, etc.) to fill, but it would be much more cost efficient for them to be filled by a prospect. Interestingly enough, the Devils seem to have a large amount of holes to fill with Gomez and Rafalski gone. I would be really surprised if Lou doesn't pull off some type of trade over the next month to bring in a playmaker.

No comments: