Thursday, October 11, 2007

Rangers Fall to Islanders 2-1

Saying that the Rangers are struggling is definitely and understatement. Gomez and Drury are not showing chemistry with their respective wingers and the only two players that have showed a ton of energy, Prucha and Callahan, have the least offensive center on the team centering them. I can't say that I am surprised about the start, but I didn't quite think that the chemistry would be that bad.

My observations:
1) Malik had a terrible game... the type of game that warrants the abuse that he gets.
2) Gomez played a pretty good final half of the game, but he still tends to be on his own out there.
3) Rosival needs to shoot the puck more, but that is nothing new.
4) I reiterate that Hollweg is biggest pile of garbage out there. Call up a younger player that is just as gritty, takes less terrible penalties, can actually fight, and at least has some scoring ability.

My suggestion for lines:
Shanny-Gomez-Jagr
Prucha-Drury-Callahan
Hossa-Dubinsky-Straka
Orr-Betts-Anybody but Hollweg

No comments: